You are younique. From head to toe you are a marvelous creation. There has never been and will never be a person like you on planet earth. Your DNA that is locked away in your genetic code is no longer a secret. Technology is now at a point where your genetic code does no longer have to be a mystery. Complicated medical tests and privileged information is a thing of the past. Genetic tests can now provide you with the information you need to make decisions that will lead to a healthier, happier life.
You can improve your health and longevity by unlocking the mysteries of your genetic code. Are you serious about your health and a forward-thinking individual? By having your DNA tested you will learn how to make slight changes in your environment, diet and supplementation to give your body exactly what it needs to thrive. For more information on how this works, click here.
We offer the following genetic tests that will reveal to you more about your genetic makeup and how you can adapt your lifestyle, behaviour and environment to reach your optimal health and longevity.
- Health & Wellness Test
- Nutrition & Weight Management Test
- Athletic Potential Test
- Anti-ageing Test
- Combo (combination of the above)
*For more information on each test see the menu below
These tests will help you understand how lifestyle factors impact health, performance and longevity while assisting in the prevention of disease and premature aging. The tests isolate individual variability in genes, environment and lifestyle.
How individuals respond to the environment varies significantly. This is partly due to differences in genetics. These differences in genes predispose us to different health risks. Your environment, habitual actions, behaviours, thinking and emoting interact with your genes, nervous system and endocrine system. This interaction directly impacts your health, wellness and longevity.
As part of our offering we provide a feedback session to explain the test results. This will include lifestyle recommendations and optional coaching to facilitate the required changes. This approach allows us to pinpoint exactly what recommendations and intervention strategies will work for each individual. This is in contrast to the one-size-fits-all approach for the average person with less or no consideration for the differences between individuals.
How it works?
1. Connect: Complete the contact form on this page and we will send you more information including options and costing.
2. Order: Order your DNA sampling kit and quantity of sessions (feedback and coaching). Process payment and we will courier the kit to and from you.
3. Testing: After taking your own DNA sample it is collected and analysed at the Geneway Laboratory. This will take around 2 weeks.
4. Results: A summary of your DNA results will be sent to you. We will also get a full report from Geneway.
5. Feedback and Lifestyle coaching: Schedule a feedback session to discuss your results and recommendations. Schedule lifestyle coaching to incorporate changes based on your unique genetic requirements and personal goals.
health & Wellness Test
The knowledge that can be used to safeguard your future health and promote healthspan. Susceptibility does not mean inevitability.
This test screens for genetic variations that may affect your future or current health. Being proactive and implementing science-based strategies can reduce susceptibility for risk. This may include modest changes in your environment, diet, physical activity or adjustment of the nutritional supplements and medications you take.
This test screens for you genetic susceptibility to:
- Blood clotting and coagulation
- Bone health
- Caffeine metabolism
- Certain types of cancer
- Cognitive related disorders
- Detoxification impairment
- Estrogen & testosterone metabolism
- Gut health
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Hormone therapy
- Inflammation & immune response
- Insulin disorders & Type 2 diabetes
- Iron metabolism
- Mood disorders and depression
- Oxidative stress
- Micro-nutrient requirements
- Alcohol sensitivity
nutrition & weight management test
The reason why some diets work for others but not for you. You are younique and your meal plan should be too.
This test shows your genetic weakness that increase the risk of becoming overweight and sets out ways to manage your weight effectively based on your DNA results and by supporting your genetic strengths. The results from this test will include recommendations including the type of diet and exercise best suited to your genetic profile.
This test screens for your genetic susceptibility to:
- Response to different food types based on their macronutrient make-up. The fat, carbohydrate and protein content
- Eating behaviours like emotional or binge eating, addictive behaviours and taste preferences
- Being constantly hungry and having satiety impairment
- Metabolism being fast or slow. Fat burning ability and weight loss resistance
- Exercise responsiveness during weight loss efforts
- Insulin resistance, detoxification ability and thyroid problems
- Lactose intolerance and caffeine sensitivity
- Micronutrient (vitamin and mineral) needs above RDA
athletic potential test
Get the highest return from your training program and maximize your results. Make use of your genes to guide you in planning your ideal exercise regime. Improve performance and health outcomes by understanding your genes better.
This test will identify and outline actions based on your genetic traits for:
- Fitness optimization
- Aerobic (Endurance / VO2 Max) sport potential
- Anaerobic (Power / strength) sport potential
- Your body’s preferred fuel and energy source during exercise
- Caffeine’s role in maximizing your performance
- Risk for inflammation
- Ability to deal with oxidative stress and free radicals
- Muscle and bone composition
- Injury risk
- Recovery time needed
- Supplemental needs and requirements
- Lactate threshold
- Fuel switching ability
- Altitude training
- Perceived exercise tolerance
- Best time of the day to exercise
Some of us are genetically predisposed to premature ageing. This tendency may lie in your genes. However you can do something about the appearance of ageing. Dermagenetics may help for the early detection, prevention and reversal of age related dysfunction.
Ageing is not simply wear and tear. Genes influence this process considerably. The two main processes that induce skin ageing are classified as intrinsic and extrinsic. Intrinsic ageing, also known as the natural ageing process, is a continuous process that normally begins in the mid-20’s. Extrinsic ageing is caused by environmental factors such as sun exposure, air pollution, smoking, regular alcohol intake and poor nutrition. Both these processes are affected by genetic factors
This test screens for you genetic susceptibility to:
- Firmness and elasticity
- Skin anti-oxidation
- Skin irritability and sensitivity
- Skin detoxification
- Skin cell renewal
- Anti-ageing on a cellular level
- Pigmentation and UV protection
- Inflammation and glycation